Nepali Name: लधु राजपुत्रिका Laghu Rajputrika
Nepali Name: जुरे हुट्टिट्याउ Jure Huttityau
Nepali name: राज हुटीट्याउ (Raj Huttittyau)
1. The Bagmati River by Chobhar is one of the best places in Nepal for these winter visitors. At least 150 individuals in a small stretch of the river during the current visit. November-January is the best time to see these birds here.
2. They congregate in huge flocks around 10 am.
3. Bonelli’s Eagle prey on these birds in this locality.
Nepali name: हुटीट्याउ (Huttityau)
1. Also known as “Did-he-do-it Pity-he-did-it” because of its flight call.
2. Usually found in singles or pairs and flies off only a short distance upon being approached.