Nepali Name: सेतो टाउके जलखञ्जरी (Seto Tauke Jalkhanjari)
1. A staple bird of Himalayan streams right from the lowlands to high mountains. Descends during the winter and goes up to breed.
2. Very territorial during the breeding season.
3. Rather animated and cheerful behavior.
4. Males have a slightly larger head cap.
Nepali Name: नीलतुथे अर्जुनक Niltuthe Arjunak
1. The prettiest bird that heralds the coming of summer in Kathmandu. Goes to lower altitudes and southern India during the winters.
2. Evidently they get their color from the structure of the feathers rather than pigments. See: http://www.theguardian.com/science/grrlscientist/2011/dec/17/4
3. Unlike other flycatchers it changes posts rather frequently during its aerial forays.
4. Reacts to playback.
Nepali Name: तनकम्प खञ्जरी Tanakampa Khanjari
Nepali Name: ध्याप्ची खञ्जरी Dhyapchi Khanjari
Nepali Name: गंगा खोलेधोबिनी Ganga Kholedhobini
Nepali Name: कल्चौडे Kalchaude
1. Very few mountain streams do not have these birds for company.
2. Rather melodious call. Call variations.
Nepali Name: सानो हजारा चाँचर Sano Hajaara Chanchar
1. Its aerial forays for insects are very un-Thrush like.
2. Very vocal.