Nepali Name: न्याउली Nyauli
1. The incessant piuuuuu…… of this bird is one of the most prevalent sounds of the spring air in Nepal.
2. Nepali folklore ascribes the melancholy sound of this bird as a call for a lost lover.
Nepali Name: सानो हजारा चाँचर Sano Hajaara Chanchar
1. Its aerial forays for insects are very un-Thrush like.
2. Very vocal.
Nepali Name: छिर्के तोरीगाँडा Chirke Torigaada
1. Doesn’t congregate in large parties.
2. Whistler mentions that the nests of this bird is frequently parasitized by Indian and Pied Crested Cuckoo.