Nepali Name: सिमकुखुरा Sim Kukhura
1. Reacts to playback very well.
2. Keeps to the thickets as much as it can. That was the reason why seeing or hearing this bird frequently around Kathmandu, it took a while to get a good shot.
Nepali Name: काकाकुल (Kakakul)
- As its name suggests it is specialized reptile hunter, feeding on well snakes and lizards.
- Calls incessantly
Nepali Name: जुगेँ ट्याकट्याके (Junge Tyaktake)
Nepali Name: पहेँलो मारुनीचरी (Pahelo Marunichari)
Nepali name: निलाम्बर जलखञ्जरी (Nilambar Jalkhanjari)
Nepali Name: सेतो टाउके जलखञ्जरी (Seto Tauke Jalkhanjari)
1. A staple bird of Himalayan streams right from the lowlands to high mountains. Descends during the winter and goes up to breed.
2. Very territorial during the breeding season.
3. Rather animated and cheerful behavior.
4. Males have a slightly larger head cap.