Crested Serpent Eagle
Nepali Name: काकाकुल (Kakakul)
- As its name suggests it is specialized reptile hunter, feeding on well snakes and lizards.
- Calls incessantly
Nepali Name: पहेँलो मारुनीचरी (Pahelo Marunichari)
Nepali Name: काष्ठकूट (Kasthakoot)
Nepali Name: सेतो टाउके जलखञ्जरी (Seto Tauke Jalkhanjari)
1. A staple bird of Himalayan streams right from the lowlands to high mountains. Descends during the winter and goes up to breed.
2. Very territorial during the breeding season.
3. Rather animated and cheerful behavior.
4. Males have a slightly larger head cap.
Nepali Name: कानटाटे तोरीगाँडा Kantate Torigaanda
1. Kali Gandaki Valley is the western boundary for this species.
2. Sings from a prominent position during mornings. Found in pairs during the breeding season.
Nepali name: सेतो टिकटिके (Seto Tiktike)
1. Communal roosters. Always found in the vicinity of water. Winter visitor.
2. As many as 6 subspecies recorded in Nepal.
3. Beautiful undulating flight.
Nepali Name: हिमाली गिद्ध (Himali Gidda)
2. To get closeup shots, either catch them while they feed or near their roosting place before the thermals build up.
3. A brochure to locate vulture restaurants in Nepal, a commendable and highly successful conservation project: www.birdlifenepal.org/download.php?f=86
Nepali Name: कालो काग Kaalo Kaag
1. Great aerial displays by the high altitude Himalayan races.
2. High altitude races larger than the ones found in the lowlands.